Each May we conduct a week of prayer for Associational Missions. May 22-28 are the dates for 2017. With my retirement in October, there are some prayer concerns of great importance. Please involve your family and your church in prayer concerning these following items:
- The search committee as they consider persons who might serve as our mission director in the coming years. The work of the association has changed significantly in the past twenty years. It has grown as God has given challenges and opportunities to us.
- Wisdom in knowing how to organize the work of the association going forward. Our goal is to provide the churches and their members opportunities to be Great Commission Christians. Our structure dates from 1982. It reflects the design of the then Home Mission Board. Where we are and how we can serve has changed. We need to seek the mind of God concerning how to be faithful, effective, efficient, and loving in following the Great Commission.
- The Baptist Center has grown significantly. It does great ministries and provides resources to the association. Ask for wisdom in how to operate it well.
- The prison with nearly 2,000 inmates, most of them from other countries, ask God what he wills for us to do there.
- With most of our pastors not having formal education regarding the administration of a church, the preparation of sermons, the leadership of worship, or the interpretation of Scripture ask God how he wants the association to strengthen our pastors.
- With the decline of persons able to play the piano, ask God to provide answers so our worship will be vital.
- With so many of our pastors over 60, pray that God will call and men will hear and respond.
- Ask God how you and your church can be supportive of the mission of the college and career school scheduled to open in Carrollton in the fall of 2018. Surely it is in the best interest not only of our youth but also of our churches and communities.
These are very important topics of prayer at this time. Please do so. Please share God’s response.